Inspiring, equipping, and giving hope to widows to live life abundantly
What is Widow Goals? Widow Goals is a nonprofit organization established to support widows, especially during the first year after the loss of their spouse. When I became a widow at age 41 I had no idea how difficult the first few months and first year would be. Thankfully, I already knew a lot of widows and reached out to all of them. I asked every single one of them “Will it get better?” They all assured me that it would. Words from seasoned widows gave me hope. It didn’t matter if friends and family told me it would get better, I only wanted to hear from those who had been through it.
Connecting with other widows made all the difference in the world to me. I was also extremely blessed to have the support of local friends and family who helped me with things I had no idea how to do like bills, yard work, car issues and so much more. There was a hole in my life not only emotionally but physically. My biggest support person was now gone. My life partner, my husband of almost 17 years, my “Mr. Fix-it”, my kid’s dad, the love of my life, and so many more roles were gone in an instant.
It has now been almost 2 years since my sweet Luke moved to heaven. During that time God has healed my broken heart and truly turned my mourning into dancing. I feel alive again. The grief still comes and goes occasionally but overall I am doing good. Being in the widow community I have seen such a need for widows. Many do not have the support that I was given. God gave me a dream to give back to the widow community in many ways. We offer the following support-
- New Widow Visits– a new widow will be visited by a seasoned widow soon after thier loss as well as 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 1 year after. During these visits they will be listened to by a seasoned widow as well as prayed for ( if they would like) The widow visiting will share her contact info to be a support in between visits. We will also be bringing small gifts at each visit (At this time we are only serving Clark County in WA)
- Podcasts– We create a weekly podcast called “Widowed 2 Soon” to support new widows- It can be found here as well as all podcast platforms
- Social Media Support– we have Instagram and TikTok accounts to inspire and encourage widows
- Coaching– we support widows through weekly individual and group coaching sessions
- Community Building Facebook group- If you would like to be part of private support group for widows/widowers please click here
How can you support Widow Goals?
There are several ways you can be involved with helping Widow Goals
- You can donate any amount of support towards funding our visits, gifts and all we do. You can pledge a monthly amount or one time gift below.
- If you are a widow you can donate your time to supporting widows- please fill out this form
- You can pray for what we are doing
- You can subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date with Widow Goals- click here
Help support the Widow Goals Ministry
Visits- Nominate a new widow HERE to receive visits and gift baskets throughout the first year, at this time must live in Clark County
If you are a widow nominate yourself to receive services here